Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Marimekko Advent Calendar




I know, it’s late to get excited over an Advent calendar, but it’s not just some Advent calendar, it’s a MARIMEKKO calendar! Which means no cardboard tasting chocolates included, just gorgeous fabrics from the finnish brand with bold patterns and bright colors. Try going to the Marimekko store on a dark and rainy winter day, it’s a fantastic way to cheer you up! This calendar was on display at the Malmö store for the second year in a row, and once again, I thought that I should make my own, as it’s quite easy and cheap to find vintage fabric leftovers in thrift stores. But this one is so pretty that it would be a shame to use it only a few days a year! I think I would just make the numbers smaller and after Christmas, I’d leave it on the wall and put my stuff in it. Doesn’t it look perfect for shoes or accessories? Now, I have almost 11 months to learn to sew...

No comments:

Post a Comment