Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spring thrift-store finds and vintage wallpaper

Image from Nordiska Style

Green! Every Spring, I want that color everywhere, on the walls, on my clothes, I want green accessories, greens in my plate... Of course, I don't change my interior every season, but it's fun just thinking about it! Last weekend at my parents house, I found this vintage wallpaper in my closet, made in Norway in the 70's. I bought it in a thrift-store in Montreal years ago for less that 2$ (the roll was still wrapped). I fixed it temporarily on the wall to see how it would look like, and I'm quite pleased with the result! But as I only have one roll, I'm still not sure how I'm going to use it... The brass candle holders are also thrift-store finds (from Sweden), and the cased glass vase is from the 60's and was designed by Per-Olof Ström for Alsterfors Sweden. Amazing shape and color!




3 comments:

  1. I love that wallpaper! Gorgeous green colour and a fab pattern. Good luck working out what to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kit! As soon as I find out, I'll write another post about it! :)

      Delete
  2. love this pattern!!

    Leonor
    http://thesparklinglemon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete